The Gstaad Palace is a sublime, five-star, kids-friendly hotel located in the famous destination of Gstaad, in the south-west of Switzerland.
It is easy to reach the hotel by car, train or plane. From Geneva and Basel International airports, it takes 2 hours by car and 2.5 hours from Zurich airport. Other tourist destinations such as Interlaken or Montreux can be reached in just an hour’s drive.
Known around the world for its beauty and refinement, Gstaad is considered the pearl of the Alps. This high-end destination has kept its authenticity over the decades. The villages that make up the station are between 1000 and 1400 meters above sea level and are populated with pretty wooden chalets. Today there are still no less than 80 cultivated pastures and 7000 cows that make up a landscape of incredible beauty. The meadows, streams, lakes and forests are surrounded by an impressive mountain panorama, conducive to relaxation and escape.
The Gstaad Palace enjoys a privileged location. The establishment is set like a jewel on the hill overlooking the Oberbort district, known as the most exclusive place. The view of the Bernese and Valais Alps is breathtaking!
The locals are proud of their traditions and show a unique sense of hospitality.
- Winter Season 2017/2018 : 22nd December 2017 until 11th March 2018
- Summer Season 2018 : 23rd June until 9th September 2018
The Gstaad Palace is a century old hotel that was inaugurated in 1913. Today, it belongs to the Scherz family, which has been running it for three generations. Over the decades, celebrities such as Marlene Dietrich, Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong have frequented the hotel.
The legendary Gstaad Palace consists of 95 rooms and suites, 1 kids-club, 1 nightclub, 1 spa, 5 restaurants, 2 bars, 5 conference rooms, 4 luxury shops, 1 gym, 1 activity room, 4 clay tennis courts (accessible in summer), 1 squash court, 1 indoor pool and 1 outdoor heated Olympic pool (open in summer).
The hotel’s rooms and suites offer unparalleled comfort and décor where traditional mountain style blends with contemporary influences. The noble materials such as stone, wood, leather and exceptional fabrics form a cozy and luxurious universe, without being ostentatious.
The rooms and suites have been designed for families: their area is generous and most can be connected to each other by an interior door, to separate the children’s room from that of parents.
Different types of rooms are available:
– Classic Double Rooms. These rooms have a surface of 33 m2 and most of them have a connecting door leading to a Junior Suite. The bathroom has a bath and a cot can be added in the room.
– Superior Double Rooms. To the south, these rooms of 37 m2 offer a magnificent view of the Swiss Alps. To the north, these rooms are facing the entrance of the hotel, but have a seating area and a larger space (48 m2).
– Individual “Classic” Rooms (21 m2) or “Superior” (25 m2). These rooms are ideal to host a teenager who wants to enjoy his own private space.
– Small Double Rooms. These rooms have a bath in the bathroom and offer two types of views: the mountain view (for rooms of 34 m2) or the view of the entrance of the hotel (for rooms of 28 m2).
The hotel has 31 discrete luxury suites, all individually decorated:
– The Junior Deluxe Suite has a balcony with a beautiful view of Gstaad or the mountains, a bathroom with bath and separate shower and offers a generous space of 51 m2. For the comfort of families, this suite can be connected by an interior door to a Deluxe Double Room, a Small Double Room to the south or a Classic Double Room.
– Other suites offer an even larger space, such as the Classic Suites (72 m2 – with a convertible sofa bed, very practical to accommodate 2 children), the Corner Suites (90 m2 – offering the possibility to be connected to a Junior Deluxe Suite), the Deluxe Suites (90m2 – with an air-conditioned cabinet for the wines), the Tower Suites (190m2 – having two rooms and a communication door with a Junior Suite which can, she – even being connected to a Classic Room – THE ideal solution for large families).
– The Penthouse Suite is the ultimate in luxury. Offering 240 m2, this exceptional suite is located on the roof of the hotel and features 3 bedrooms, a gigantic living room, a small kitchen, a majestic fireplace, a terrace, a sauna, jacuzzi and private elevator.
Families looking for originality and total change of scenery will be able to stay in the Walig Hut. Built in 1786 and perched at 1800 meters above sea level, this rustic and luxurious chalet can accommodate up to 2 adults and 2 children, but can also accommodate families and groups of friends for a lunch or dinner (groups of 4 to 14 people). Recently, the acclaimed Condé Nast Traveler magazine voted the Walig Hut “Best Wilderness Hotel”. A real must!
The Gstaad Palace gives special importance to the pleasures of the table, through its 5 restaurants and 2 bars. Each restaurant has a special menu for children.
The Grill is a rotisserie rated 15/20 Gault-Millau guide who offers an international map and a unique environment with its impressive open kitchen.
Gildo’s Ristorante will delight lovers of Italian cuisine.
La Fromagerie is a charming Swiss restaurant where you can enjoy some of the most famous dishes such as truffle and champagne cheese fondue or traditional raclette. Classics to enjoy with your family, for an unforgettable moment.
The Grand Restaurant and La Grande Terrasse offer gourmet cuisine in a more contemporary atmosphere. The view of the gardens and the mountains is breathtaking! Every Saturday evening, a refined buffet awaits gourmets.
In summer, the Snack & Barbecue invites you to share a friendly barbecue, just steps from the outdoor jacuzzi and the pool.
Finally, The Lobby Bar and The Grill Bar each have live music. These two bars have a lounge for smokers: the perfect place to enjoy a cigar. The Lobby Bar is very famous in Gstaad. It is a trendy place, conducive to meetings and relaxation. At any time of day, the bar serves small dishes, even when the other restaurants of the hotel are already closed.
Book Best Rate Guaranteed