YOUR EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS WHEN BOOKING WITH US
- The lowest prices guaranted
- Organic solar products and a Samsonite gift delivered to your home (value: 125 €)
- An exclusive 20% discount on spa treatments
- Skiing in winter, hiking in summer
- Kids-club for children from 3 to 12 years old
- The 1,800 sqm spa
The Gstaad Palace is a sublime, five-star superior hotel, kids-friendly hotel located in the famous destination of Gstaad, in the south-west of Switzerland.
It is easy to reach the hotel by car, train or plane. From Geneva and Basel International airports, it takes 2 hours by car and 2.5 hours from Zurich airport. Other tourist destinations such as Interlaken or Montreux can be reached in just an hour’s drive.
Known around the world for its beauty and refinement, Gstaad is considered the pearl of the Alps. This high-end destination has kept its authenticity over the decades. The villages that make up the station are between 1000 and 1400 meters above sea level and are populated with pretty wooden chalets. Today there are still no less than 80 cultivated pastures and 7000 cows that make up a landscape of incredible beauty. The meadows, streams, lakes and forests are surrounded by an impressive mountain panorama, conducive to relaxation and escape.
The Gstaad Palace enjoys a privileged location. The establishment is set like a jewel on the Oberbort hill, known as the most exclusive place overlooking Gstaad village. The view of the Bernese and Valais Alps is breathtaking!
The locals are proud of their traditions and show a unique sense of hospitality.
The Gstaad Palace is a century old hotel that was inaugurated in 1913. Today, it belongs to the Scherz family, which has been running it for three generations. Over the decades, celebrities such as Marlene Dietrich, Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong have frequented the hotel.
The legendary Gstaad Palace consists of :
- 90 rooms and suites
- 5 restaurants
- 2 bars
- 1 indoor pool
- 1 outdoor heated Olympic pool (open in summer)
- 1 spa
- 1 gym
- 1 activity room
- 4 clay tennis courts (accessible in summer)
- 1 squash court,
- 5 conference rooms
- 4 luxury shops
- 1 nightclub
- 1 high-quality baby-sitting service
- 1 COMPLIMENTARY kids-club for children between 3 and 12 years old
The hotel’s rooms and suites offer unparalleled comfort and décor where traditional mountain style blends with contemporary influences. The noble materials such as stone, wood, leather and exceptional fabrics form a cozy and luxurious universe, without being ostentatious.
The rooms and suites have been designed for families: their area is generous and most can be connected to each other by an interior door, to separate the children’s room from that of parents.
Different types of rooms are available:
– The elegant Classic Rooms are approximately 33 sqm and offer a view of the surrounding charming chalets. The interior design impresses with its modern alpine character and the bathroom is equipped with a bathtub. Most of these rooms have a connecting door to a Deluxe Junior Suite. A cot can be added in the rooms.
– The beautifully designed Deluxe Room Mountain View rooms (46 sqm) come in three different colours. Their balconies offer a wonderful view over the garden and the breathtaking alpine landscape. Besides a comfortable seating area, they have a bathroom with bathtub and separate shower. Sofa beds and/or space for an additional bed are available. These rooms can be extended with another Deluxe Room or a Deluxe Junior Suite.
– The Alpine Suite Mountain View (72 sqm) is divided into 2 separate rooms. The elegant bedroom has an en suite bathroom with bath and shower as well as a large dressing room. The living room offers a dining area, including a wet bar and sofa or sofa bed. The separate guest bathroom provides additional privacy. You enjoy a view of the Bernese Alps from the balcony. The suite can be connected to a Superior Room.
– The Penthouse Three Bedroom Suite is the ultimate in luxury. Offering 240 sqm of living space, this exceptional suite is located on the roof of the hotel and features 3 bedrooms. Two of them have an en suite bathroom with bath and shower including steam bath. The living room with dining area impresses with a wine cabinet and humidor. Special enticing extras include a small kitchen and a corner seating arrangement with fireplace. A hot tub and private sauna in the Palace tower round off the royal experience.
Families looking for originality and total change of scenery will be able to stay in the Walig Hut. Built in 1783 and perched at 1700 meters above sea level, this rustic and luxurious chalet can accommodate up to 2 adults and 2 children, but can also accommodate families and groups of friends for a lunch or dinner (groups of 4 to 14 people). Recently, the acclaimed Condé Nast Traveler magazine voted the Walig Hut “Best Wilderness Hotel”. A real must!
The Gstaad Palace gives special importance to the pleasures of the table, through its 5 restaurants and 2 bars. Each restaurant has a special menu for children.
The Grill is a rotisserie rated 15/20 Gault-Millau guide who offers an international map and a unique environment with its impressive open kitchen.
Gildo’s Ristorante will delight lovers of Italian cuisine.
La Fromagerie is a charming Swiss restaurant where you can enjoy some of the most famous dishes such as truffle and champagne cheese fondue or traditional raclette. Classics to enjoy with your family, for an unforgettable moment.
The Grand Restaurant and La Grande Terrasse offer gourmet cuisine in a more contemporary atmosphere. The view of the gardens and the mountains is breathtaking! Every Saturday evening, a refined buffet awaits gourmets.
In summer, the Snack Bar invites you to share a friendly barbecue, just steps from the outdoor hot tub and the pool.
Finally, The Lobby Bar and The Bar du Grill each have live music. These two bars have a lounge for smokers: the perfect place to enjoy a cigar. The Lobby Bar is very famous in Gstaad. It is a trendy place, conducive to meetings and relaxation. At any time of day, the bar serves small dishes, even when the other restaurants of the hotel are already closed.